Call for Abstract
International Conference on Pediatrics & Pediatric Care, will be organized around the theme “Pediatric Healthcare - `Raising The Child`”
Pediatric Healthcare 2019 is comprised of 22 tracks and 96 sessions designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues in Pediatric Healthcare 2019.
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks. All related abstracts are accepted.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
\r\n Pediatric Emergency Medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with providing highly specialized acute health care to children of all ages and developmental levels, which includes triage, stabilization, diagnosis, treatment and appropriate follow-up care. These problems are commonly serious and may be life-threatening. The Pediatric Emergency Medicine subspecialist is dedicated to progress the science of the field through primary and multidisciplinary research.
Pediatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the physical, mental and social health of infants, children and adolescents. Pediatricians are medical doctors who specialize in the field of Pediatrics. Pediatric care enclose a wide range of healthcare services extending from prevention to the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases in children from birth to young adulthood.
Subspecialties of Pediatrics include:
- Track 3-1Neonatology
- Track 3-2Pediatric Pulmonology
- Track 3-3Pediatric Hematology & Oncology
- Track 3-4Pediatric Obesity & Nutrition
- Track 3-5Pediatric Neurology
- Track 3-6Pediatric allergy & Immunology
- Track 3-7Child abuse
- Track 3-8Pediatric Rheumatology
- Track 3-9Pediatric Nephrology
- Track 3-10Pediatric Cardiology
- Track 3-11Pediatric Psychology
Neonatology is the subdivision of pediatrics that aims to provide intensive medical care to the newborn infants due to low birth weight, sepsis, pulmonary hypoplasia, congenital malformations, prematurity. It is the hospital-based specialty and is usually practiced in neonatal intensive care units. Perinatology is a subspecialty of obstetrics that aims to provide care to fetus, complicated and high-risk pregnancies. Perinatology is also known as maternal-fetal medicine. Perinatologists are specially trained to provide medical services such as diabetic care, management of multiple gestations, level II ultrasound of the fetus genetic amniocentesis.
Proper nutrition is important when it comes to children, since they are habituating life-long patterns that will be very difficult for them to break later. Poor nutrition leads to various health problems in children including excessive weight gain and obesity. Childhood obesity acts as a precursor to many health problems such as Type II diabetes, heart disease, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). It is necessary to provide child with proper nutrition and guide him or her to establish good eating habits that will last an entire lifetime.
Pediatric pulmonology is the branch of medicine that provide exceptional care for children with various allergic and pulmonary diseases. Pediatric pulmonologists and allergists diagnose and care children affected with various respiratory problems and allergies such as pneumonia, bronchitis, common cold, influenza, food allergies, hay fever and croup.
Prevention for pulmonary diseases and allergies in children:
- Track 6-1Good hygiene
- Track 6-2Vaccination
- Track 6-3Avoid allergens
- Track 6-4Take medicines as prescribed
Pediatric Dentistry is the branch of medicine which is the subdivision of dentistry dealing with children from birth through adolescence. Tooth grinding, gum disease and tooth decay are some of the common dental issues in children. Thumb sucking habit after the evolution of the permanent teeth, tongue thrusting, lip sucking can lead to dental problems.
Types of Orthodontic problems encountered in children:
- Track 7-1Crowded teeth and spacing issues
- Track 7-2Buck teeth
- Track 7-3Underbite
- Track 7-4Overbite/deepbite
- Track 7-5Openbite
- Track 7-6Crossbite
- Track 7-7Ectopic teeth
- Track 7-8Impacted teeth
- Track 7-9Missing teeth
Pediatric urology is the subspecialty of surgery in medicine that deals with the disorders of children’s genitourinary systems. Some of the major disorders include bladder control problems, urolithiasis, tumors of kidneys, urinary obstruction. Pediatric Nephrology is one of the specialties of medicine that deals with the study of the proper functioning of kidneys, prevention and treatment of kidney diseases including dialysis and kidney transplantation. Common renal disorders encountered in childhood are fluid and electrolyte disorders, hematuria/proteinuria, Posterior urethral valve obstruction, Fetal hydronephrosis, Polycystic kidney disease, Multicystic kidney disease, Nephritis.
Though these are different sections but do share few common symptoms:
- Track 8-1Pain during passing urine
- Track 8-2Frequent bed wetting
- Track 8-3Blood in urine
- Track 8-4High blood pressure
- Track 8-5Fever
- Track 8-6Swelling around the eyes, face, feet and ankles
- Track 8-7Significant increase in the frequency of urination
Orthopedics/Orthopaedics is the division of surgery that concerned with the conditions involving the Musculoskeletal System. Pediatric Orthopedics is concerned with treating musculoskeletal disorders in children. Pediatric orthopaedist is a specially trained doctor to evaluate and treat bones, joints and muscle problems in children.
Most common orthopaedic conditions in children:
- Track 9-1Knee arthroscopy and meniscectomy
- Track 9-2Hip replacement
- Track 9-3Joints & Bone infections
- Track 9-4Limb and spine deformities: Club foot, Scoliosis
- Track 9-5Fractures
- Track 9-6Spinal Deformity
- Track 9-7Calcium Disorders
- Track 9-8Brain tumors
Neurology is the branch of medicine that deals with the study of disorders of nerves and nervous system. Child neurologists specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system (brain, spinal cord, muscles, nerves). Key treatments for neurological disorders CyberKnife, Deep Brain Stimulation, Gamma Knife Radiosurgery and Vagal Nerve Stimulation.
- Track 10-1Pediatric sleep disorders
- Track 10-2Developmental disorders including autism
- Track 10-3Muscular dystrophy and congenital myopathies
- Track 10-4Brain malformations
- Track 10-5Neuro-oncology
- Track 10-6Movement disorders
- Track 10-7Epilepsy & Seizures
- Track 10-8Phakomatosis
It is a branch of medicine that deals with the cause, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the diseases related to blood of infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric haematologists/Oncologists are specially trained to treat children with blood disorders and cancer.
Children are mostly prone to following hematological disorders:
- Track 11-1Thalassemia
- Track 11-2Pediatric myelodysplasia
- Track 11-3Hereditary disorders of red cells permeability
- Track 11-4Pediatric factor VII & XIII diseases
- Track 11-5Pediatric anemia
- Track 11-6Dyskeratosis Congenita
- Track 11-7Congenital Amegakaryocytic Thrombocytopenia
- Track 11-8Sickle Cell Disease
- Track 11-9Fanconi Anemia
- Track 11-10Pediatric myelofibrosis
The endocrine system releases hormones, that are chemical substances regulating various important body functions. The Pediatric endocrinologist is a doctor specially trained to diagnose and treat children with endocrine diseases/disorders.
Endocrinology Disorders in children:
- Track 12-1Diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2)
- Track 12-2Hypothyroidism
- Track 12-3Hyperthyroidism
- Track 12-4Short Stature
- Track 12-5Disorders of Puberty
- Track 12-6Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
- Track 12-7Turner Syndrome
- Track 12-8Disorders of Sexual differentiation
Pediatric cardiology is the subspecialty of cardiology (Internal Medicine) that aims the study of disorders of the heart as well as the circulatory system in children within the age limit of 0 to 18 years. Pediatric cardiologists are the pediatricians who specialize in cardiology.
Most common heart diseases in children:
- Track 13-1Congenital heart disease
- Track 13-2Atherosclerosis
- Track 13-3Arrhythmias
- Track 13-4Kawasaki disease
- Track 13-5Heart murmurs
Infectious diseases are caused by microscopic germs (bacteria & viruses) that enter the body and produce harmful consequences. Pediatric immunologist choice to specialize in pediatric immunology and treat children from birth through the teenage years having immune system problems.
Most common Infectious diseases in Children:
- Track 14-1Chickenpox
- Track 14-2Fifth disease
- Track 14-3Hand-foot-and-mouth disease
- Track 14-4Flu, including H1N1 (Swine flu)
- Track 14-5Meningitis
- Track 14-6Whooping cough (pertussis)
A mental/psychiatric disorder is concerned with physical health and illness of children and the relationship between psychological/behavioural factors and health, illness and disease. The most common childhood mental disorders are anxiety disorders, depression and attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD). Pediatric psychology is a multidisciplinary study of both scientific investigation and clinical practice which delivers psychological services to infants, toddlers, children and adolescents.
Symptoms of psychological disorders in children:
- Track 15-1Unexplained weight loss
- Track 15-2A sudden loss of appetite
- Track 15-3Frequent vomiting
- Track 15-4Eating Disorders
- Track 15-5Headache and stomachache rather than sadness or anxiety
Pediatric nurses are directed to provide medical care to neonates and children up to adolescence in an inpatient hospital or day-clinic. Duties of a Pediatric nurse are: Normalize the life of the child during hospitalization, minimize the impact of child’s unique condition, respect the roles of the families in the care of their children, prevention of disease and promotion of health of the child.
Types of Pediatric Nursing:
- Track 16-1Direct nursing care
- Track 16-2Neonatal nursing
- Track 16-3Pediatric emergency nursing
- Track 16-4Palliative Pediatric nursing
Dermatology is the branch of medicine that deals with the surgical and non-surgical aspects of skin, nails, hair (scalp) and its diseases. A pediatric dermatologist is specially trained to treat children with these diseases. Major dermatological diseases in children are atopic dermatitis, skin infection, tinea corporis, erythroderma, pityriasis rosea and infantile hemangioma.
Therapies for dermatological disorders:
- Track 17-1Cryosurgery
- Track 17-2Laser therapy
- Track 17-3Photodynamic therapy
- Track 17-4Radiation therapy
- Track 17-5Vitiligo surgery
- Track 17-6Allergy testing
Vaccines play a vital role in keeping the children healthy whereas Immunization is the process of becoming immune to (protected against) a disease. Vaccinations can be done in the early stages of life to protect children before they are exposed to the diseases. Immunizations are a cornerstone of pediatric healthcare. The process of immunizations is implemented for the prevention of life-threatening infections was an important driver of improvements in infant and childhood morbidity and mortality.
- Track 18-1Complementary/Alternative vaccines
- Track 18-2Childhood and Adolescent Immunization
- Track 18-3Neonatal Immunization
- Track 18-4Adjuvants in Pediatric Vaccines
- Track 18-5Maternal Immunization